Wednesday, February 01, 2006

January

It’s February already and we’ve not posted too much on the blog so far this year. So here’s a quick look back on January for you if your interested.

Emma's’ Mum & Dad, Richard, Ian and Jackie all left us on the 5th and it was an emotional day. Didn’t really enjoy the day much and we were pretty down for a few hours once they’d gone. A few days later we had shaken off those holiday blues and began cracking on with 2006. I finished selling pots and pans at ‘Crate & Barrel’ which I wasn’t too gutted about. Sure it would’ve been good to stay on and keep some money coming in, but I’ve got other things I want to devote my time to, and didn’t want to start relying on the easy money retail can provide. So I’m back to working on my illustrations full time and bought a new desk which I’ve already wrote about so I wont repeat myself.

At the cinema we've seen ‘Munich’ and ‘King Kong’, both really good films. ‘Munich’ especially. The TV is a bit hit and miss over here, they have a habit of repeating things in the middle of a series. Take ER for example they show a few new episodes each week then the next week they show a repeat of one we watched a month ago. Strange and spoils the flow of the programme.

We tried one of Boston's Indian restaurants. The ‘Kashmir’, it was okay not as good as the Kashmir in Bradford, The starters were really nice but the main meals were a bit of a let down, too much chicken leg meat. We have found another one called ‘Quality Indian’ so maybe we will try that one next time. Or maybe not.

The weather has been quite mild, a couple of snow showers but nothing major. There have been some really cold mornings though when we’ve walked to the hospital at 6:30. Those are the days we miss having cars.

I’ve started my night school class in Illustration, Em has started a yoga class round the corner from our apartment. Apparently the teacher makes them do some vocal exercises too before they get into all the downward dog positions etc. The teacher used to be a ballet dancer and is obscenely flexible, like a rubber band Em says.

I’ve nearly finished reading ‘The Da Vinci Code’. Never read a book so fast. It usually takes me a few months at least. Em’s bought the prequel ‘Angels & Demons’ so I may start reading that when I finish ‘Da Vinci Code’ unless Emma starts it first.

We’re off to New York this weekend so will post some pictures and stuff next week.

Take it easy.

Mark & Em.

No comments: