Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Ice Skating's fun until you fall.

It's Christmas week and we're starting to get excited. Em's mum and dad are coming over on Thursday with Jac then Richard, Ian, James and Becky arrive on Friday. So it's not like me and Em are spending our first Christmas in Boston alone. It will be just like being back in England. Pretty much done all our Christmas shopping too, some of the queues in the stores have been a bit insane. Especially at the weekend. I'm not the greatest shopper and find the whole Christmas shopping a bit depressing, unless I'm in Newbury Records (my new favourite shop) where I can be left quietly browsing through rows of CD's. New Year's Eve is going to be good too, there's the parade, ice sculptures and fireworks amongst other things going on.

It was our 3rd Anniversary last Thursday, 15th December. We had a really good day, went ice skating in the common, the bruise on my right hip is just starting to fade. Later on we had a posh meal at a place called Stephanie's on Newbury. Ordered puddings each when we really should have ordered one to share. Thought we could handle them but failed miserably. Thanks to everybody who sent us a card and the Christmas cards too. I’ve been getting some good responses to our card and the other illustrations I’ve been working on. Got loads more planned and ideas to develop next year. So thanks to all those who have left comments I really appreciate it.

Hope you like the pictures, credit Em for the sunset, the others are just us trying to keep warm before we went skating and the other is our Christmas lights in the apartment. We bought a little ‘Charlie Brown’ tree (that’s what they call ‘em) which is out of shot. Will take a picture of that for next time.

Happy holidays, sorry I mean Christmas and love to friends and family. Take it easy all.

No comments: