Friday, January 13, 2006

Illustration Friday 'E' is for

Emma.

So this morning I received the e-mail with this weeks topic and began to think up some ideas whilst doing some other stuff. I had 'E' is for 'Elephant' and 'E' is for Luigui's 'Extraordinary' Pizza making machine among others. The pizza machine was taking shape when I stopped to go wake Emma who has been working nights. "What's the topic"? she asks, 'E' is for something' to which she immediately replies with a giggle "E is for Emma".

I can't believe I didn't think of that, so here is a portrait of Em I did last year.
Pen & ink, coloured digitally.

I like to do new works for illustration friday so will continue with 'Luigui's 'Extraordinary' Pizza machine' and post it as soon as it's finished.

Thanks.

9 comments:

Queen Tut said...

Lovely portrait! I love the way you have coloured it.

Suzan said...

I love the foot. The lines are great!

valerie walsh said...

this is so beautifully done!!! emma must love it!

Anonymous said...

Love the perspective! great organisation of colours also :)

Kristine said...

Sweet. Great illo!

Katili said...

This is well done, the colours are very good.

Lee said...

very nice, you captured the lines perfectly and the colors are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I love this piece. I love the way the lamplight colours the walls and the shadow of Em's arm resting on the back of the sofa.

Joe said...

Wonderful Ill. I can relate, having two dauters laying around! :-)