Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy New Year


So how was 2006 for you? I guess it had it's moments like every other year. For us it was a full calendar year living on the other side of the pond, so will no doubt always be remembered for that. We did take a couple of trips back home to Blighty to celebrate Emma's 30th and Richard & Ian's civil ceremony. Which stand tall as a couple of highlights to the year. I spent the first of what I hope to be many working for myself, I did manage to do some work for other people too, and finished the year with a few freelance jobs under my belt. Em's worked her socks off, ticking off the number of shifts left to work as she goes. Sure it's not quite worked out as she expected but she's gained a whole new family of friends and seen an aggressive patient pinned to the wall by hospital police with guns at the ready. I'd never seen her so excited after a shift.

Em also fulfilled an ambition to see Madonna in concert, which I'm sure Richard & Ian wont mind me saying was the gayest thing I've seen this year next to a trip to P-Town. Another highlight was going whale watching in August which was just something else. Breakfast down by the Charles river was the best way to chill and start our days through the summer months. Picking up loads of copies of Boston's Weekly Dig, which published one of my illustrations was a huge buzz. Parents visiting, drinking and eating pizza in Woody's. The July 4th celebrations. We certainly had some of the best days of our lives last year, and some low ones too. Hey your going to have a couple no matter what.

Anyway it's 2007 a new year and there's loads to look forward to. The first things Emma said when the clock struck 12 on Monday was "We're going home this year". Which surely is one, but we've got loads more to do before then.

Cheers.

P.S. I have to give Em credit for the fireworks picture at the top, I spent most of New Years Eve sleeping and coughing at the toilet. So was concentrating on other things than taking pictures. I never really had drinking legs. I think my dad kept them for himself, Ha ha.

No comments: